Monday 13 September 2021

4 Best tips to get a high score in PMP Certification exam

As a recent PMP, I'd like to share some of my personal PMP exam tips to assist you in obtaining that designation and welcome you into our PMP brotherhood, which has over 1 million members worldwide as of June 2021.


1.     Attend a PMP exam prep course

Taking a PMP exam prep course was one of the things that helped me pass my exam. I strongly recommend taking an in-person course because you will be able to ask the instructor questions and receive immediate feedback. It was also beneficial to have peers with whom to work/study both during the course and afterward as a study group.

Creating a "placemat" document each morning of key information learned the previous day was one of the things we did during the exam prep course that was very helpful. When taking the PMP exam, you will be given a few sheets of blank paper on which you can jot down any information that comes to mind. This "brain dump" is ideal for jotting down formulas, the 49 project management processes, and any other useful tips and tricks you've picked up during your studies. I practised this almost every day in the weeks leading up to my exam. I had learned everything by the time I took the actual test, so there was very little I needed to write down.

2.     Take practice tests and (and more practice tests)

To best replicate the conditions, you'll face on Test Day, I recommend taking as many practise tests online as possible rather than on paper. If you get an 80 percent or higher on your practise tests, you're probably ready for the exam. In my prep course, I was able to find a package that included six practise tests that I could take as many times as I wanted. It would tell me why I got some answers wrong and where I could look up the answers in the PMBOK.

I also downloaded the iPhone app PMP Pocket Prep, based on a recommendation from my in-person Prep Course, and used it to take mini practise quizzes whenever I had free time.

3.     Read Rita Mulcahy’s book

Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep was extremely useful in assisting me in passing the exam. The book deconstructs the PMBOK's topics into easily digestible chunks. Quizzes at the end of each chapter, as well as a practise exam at the end of the book, are also included.

4.     Take the PMP Exam in The Morning

One final piece of advice for those studying for the exam is to take it in the morning. According to studies, your brain is at its best when tackling difficult tasks first thing in the morning. Another advantage is that instead of waiting all morning and stressing about the exam, you can go out that afternoon and celebrate your achievement if you take the exam in the morning.

I would not recommend studying the night before if you are taking the exam in the morning. As you prepare for the exam the next day, your brain will benefit from a little rest. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment